1. Referring to Diagram 1, lay out medium green print, solid light green, dark rose print, and solid light pink small triangles in pairs. Join triangles in pairs; press seams in opposite directions. Sew together pairs to make an hourglass unit. Press seam in one direction. The hourglass unit should be 3-1/2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make 16 hourglass units total.
2. Referring to Diagram 2, lay out four hourglass units in pairs. Sew together units in pairs; press seams in directions indicated on diagram. Join pairs to make block center. Press seam in one direction. The block center should be 6-1/2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make four block centers total.
3. Referring to Diagram 3, sew together a pink floral small triangle and a solid cream small triangle to make a triangle pair. Add a light pink toile large triangle to long edge of triangle pair to make Unit A (Diagram 4). Press seam toward large triangle. The unit should be 3-1/2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make 16 A units total.
4. Using dark rose print small triangle, a solid cream small triangle, and a medium green print large triangle, repeat Step 3 to make Unit B (Diagram 5). Repeat to make 16 B units total.
5. Join a Unit A and a Unit B to make a side unit (Diagram 6). Press seam toward Unit A. Repeat to make 16 side units total.
6. Use a pencil to draw a diagonal line on wrong side of each solid cream and solid light green 23/8" square.
7. Place a marked solid cream square atop a dark green print 2-3/8" square. Sew 1/4" on each side of drawn line (Diagram 7). Cut pair apart on drawn line to make two triangle units. Press each triangle unit open, pressing seam toward dark green print, to make two cream triangle-squares. Each should be 2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make 32 cream triangle-squares total.
8. Referring to Diagram 8, sew together two cream triangle-squares, one solid cream 2" square, and one cream floral 2" square in pairs. Press seams away from triangle-squares. Join pairs to make Unit C. Press seam toward bottom pair. Unit C should be 3-1/2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make 16 C units total.
9. Using marked solid light green squares and remaining dark green print 2-3/8" squares, repeat Step 7 to make 16 green triangle-squares. Using remaining marked solid light green squares and dark rose print 2-3/8" squares, repeat Step 7 to make 16 rose triangle-squares.
10. Using a green triangle-square, a rose triangle-square, a solid light green 2" square, and a green floral 2" square, repeat Step 8 to make Unit D (Diagram 9). Repeat to make 16 D units total.
11. Referring to Diagram 10, sew together four C units, four side units, and one block center in three rows. Press seams toward side units. Join rows to make a block. Press seams away from center row. The block should be 12-1/2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make four blocks total.