Appliqué Table Mat
Use one strand of embroidery floss for all stitching.
1. Referring to Appliqué Placement Diagram, position mottled cream B and C pieces on blue A scallop piece. Fuse in place.
2. Using light blue embroidery floss, whipstitch B heart pieces to A piece.
3. Using silver metallic embroidery floss, stitch "arms" of each snowflake to A piece by pulling thread up from back of A piece through outer end of snowflake arm and down through center of snowflake. Using white floss, make a tiny tack stitch at the end of each snowflake arm (where metallic thread ends) to secure.
4. Referring to Seed Bead Diagram, sew a pearl bead in center of each snowflake and through all layers.
5. Referring to Appliqué Placement Diagram, position blue B and C pieces on mottled cream D scallop piece. Fuse in place.
6. Using light blue embroidery floss, whipstitch B heart pieces to D piece.
7. Repeat steps 3 and 4, using light blue floss for tack stitch, to stitch arms of snowflakes and pearl beads to D piece.
8. Referring to Appliqué Placement Diagram, using one strand of light blue floss, whipstitch A scallop piece to D scallop piece to make appliquéd table mat.
9. Layer appliquéd table mat to mottled white D backing piece. Using light blue embroidery floss, blanket-stitch together along scalloped edges to complete table mat. Press, being careful to avoid pearl beads and metallic thread.
To blanket-stitch, pull needle up at A, form a reverse L shape with floss, and hold angle of L shape in place with your thumb. Push needle down at B and come up at C to secure stitch. Continue in same manner around shape.