Assemble Table Runner Top
1. Referring to the first pieced row in Table Runner Assembly Diagram, lay out 19 pairs of matching triangles and two additional triangles in a horizontal row. Note that print placement and direction of seams will create 19 larger triangles when the pieces are sewn together.
2. Sew together first two triangles in the row to make a triangle-square (Triangle-Square Diagram). Press seam in one direction. The triangle-square should be 2-5⁄8" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make 20 triangle-squares total.
3. Join triangle-squares to make a row. Press seams in one direction. The row should be 2-5⁄8x43" including seam allowances.
4. Repeat steps 1–3 to make three rows total.
5. Cut and piece dark blue flag print strips to make:
4—1-3⁄8x43" sashing strips
6. Referring to Table Runner Assembly Diagram, sew together rows and dark blue flag print sashing strips to complete table runner top. Press seams toward sashing strips.