Assemble Saw Tooth Blocks
1. For one Sawtooth Star A block, gather one 2-1/2" square and eight 1-1/2" squares from the same blue print; four ecru tone-on-tone 1-1/2x2-1/2" rectangles; and four ecru tone-on-tone 1-1/2" squares.
2. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each blue print 1-1/2" square.
3. Align a marked square with one end of an ecru tone-on-tone 1-1/2x2-1/2" rectangle (Diagram 4; note direction of drawn line). Sew on marked line; trim seam allowance to 1/4". Press open attached triangle.
4. Align a marked square with opposite end of Step 3 rectangle (Diagram 4; again note direction of marked line). Stitch, trim, and press as before to make a Flying Geese unit. The unit should be 2-1/2x1-1/2" including seam allowances.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make four Flying Geese units total.
6. Referring to Diagram 5, sew together the four ecru tone-on-tone 1-1/2" squares; four Flying Geese units; and blue print 2-1/2" square in rows. Press seams away from Flying Geese units. Join rows to make Sawtooth Star block A. Press seams in one direction. The block should be 4-1/2" square including seam allowances.
7. Repeat steps 1–6 to make six Sawtooth Star A blocks total.
8. Using assorted red prints instead of blue prints and ecru star print instead of ecru tone-on-tone, repeat steps 1–6 to make four Sawtooth Star B blocks.
9. Using red-and-blue paisley instead of blue prints and ecru star print instead of ecru tone-on-tone, repeat steps 1–6 to make two Sawtooth Star C blocks.