Assemble Table Runner Top
1. Cut and piece black polka dot 1"-wide strips to make:
• 2—1×41" flange strips
• 2—1×14-1⁄2" flange strips
2. With wrong side inside, fold each black polka dot strip in half lengthwise; press.
3. Aligning raw edges, position black polka dot print 41"-long flange strips on long edges of appliquéd table runner center; baste in place. In same manner, baste black polka dot print 14-1⁄2"-long flange strips to short edges of table runner center.
4. Sew black floral 3-1⁄2×41" border strips to long edges of table runner center. Add black floral 3-1⁄2×20-1⁄2" border strips to remaining edges to complete table runner top. Press all seams toward border. Do not press flange strips open.