Assemble Pinwheel Blocks
1. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of green print 4-7/8" and 2-7/8" squares. (To prevent fabric from stretching as you draw lines, place 220-grit sandpaper under squares.)
2. Layer a marked green print 4-7/8" square atop each black-and-white print 4-7/8" square. Sew each pair together with two seams, stitching 1/4" on each side of drawn line (Diagram 1).
3. Cut each pair apart on drawn line to make two triangle units (Diagram 1). Open triangle units and press seams toward green print triangles to make four large triangle-squares total. Each large triangle-square should be 4-1/2" square including seam allowances.
4. Referring to (Diagram 2), lay out large triangle-squares in pairs; sew together pairs. Press seams in opposite directions.
5. Join pairs to make large Pinwheel block. The Pinwheel block should be 8-1/2" square including seam allowances.
6. Repeat steps 2–5 using green print 2-7/8" squares and black-and-white 2-7/8" squares to make four small Pinwheel blocks. Each small Pinwheel block should be 4-1/2" square including seam allowances.