Assemble Flying Geese Units
The following instructions result in one set of four matching Flying Geese units. Repeat steps 1–5 to make 12 Flying Geese units total (three sets of four matching units).
1. Gather eight matching light print 5" squares and four matching dark blue print 5x9-1/2" rectangles.
2. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each light print 5" square. (To prevent fabric from stretching as you draw lines, place 220-grit sandpaper under each square.)
3. Align a marked 5" square with one end of a dark blue print 5x9-1/2" rectangle (Diagram 1; note direction of drawn line). Sew on drawn line, then trim excess, leaving a 1/4" seam allowance. Press open attached triangle, pressing seam toward triangle.
4. In same manner, add a second marked 5" square to opposite end of rectangle (Diagram 1; again note direction of drawn line). Stitch, trim, and press as before to make a Flying Geese unit. The unit should be 9-1/2x5" including seam allowances.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make four matching Flying Geese units total.