Assemble Flying Geese Units
1. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of all assorted blue and red 2" squares.
2. Align a marked blue print square with one end of a tan print 2x3-1/2" rectangle (Diagram 1; note direction of drawn line). Sew on drawn line; trim excess, leaving a 1/4" seam allowance. Press open attached triangle.
3. Align a second marked blue print square with opposite end of Step 2 tan print rectangle (Diagram 1). Sew, trim, and press as before to make a blue Flying Geese unit. The unit should be 3-1/2x2" including seam allowances.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make seven blue Flying Geese units total.
5. Using marked red print 2" squares, repeat steps 2 and 3 to make five red Flying Geese units.