Assemble Table Runner Center
1. Referring to Diagram 1, lay out assorted print A hexagons and B half hexagons in five vertical rows.
2. Beginning and ending stitching at marked dots, sew together pieces in each vertical row. Do not stitch past dots into seam allowances. Press seams toward bottom of each row (or wait to press until after joining all rows in order to press seams in the desired direction).
3. Sew together first two rows, aligning dots and setting in seams. To do this, align matching points of the first piece in row 1 (a hexagon) with the first piece in row 2 (a half hexagon); pin. Stitch by hand or machine, sewing from dot to dot. Repeat, pinning and sewing one set of hexagon edges at a time, until first two rows are joined. For more details, click on "Download this Project". Press seams as shown in Photo 9 of Hexagon Set-In Seams (on pdf download).
4. Repeat Step 3 to add remaining vertical rows to first two rows to make table runner center.
5. Trim table runner center to 14-1/4x28-1/2" including seam allowances (Diagram 2). Stay-stitch 1/8" from raw edges.