1. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each solid yellow 2-3⁄8" square and solid blue 2-3⁄8" square. (To prevent fabric from stretching as you draw lines, place 220-grit sandpaper under each square.)
2. Layer a marked solid yellow square atop a multicolor floral 2-3⁄8" square. Sew together with two seams, stitching 1⁄4" on each side of drawn line (Diagram 1).
3. Cut apart on drawn line and press open to make two triangle-squares (Diagram 1). Each should be 2" square including seam allowances.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 20 yellow triangle-squares total.
5. Using solid blue 2-3⁄8" squares and white floral 2-3⁄8" squares, repeat steps 2–4 to make 16 blue triangle-squares total.