1. Gather one solid white 2-1⁄2" square and the 15 triangle-squares shown on Diagram 2.
2. Referring to Diagram 2 for triangle-square orientation, lay out pieces in rows. Sew together pieces in rows. Join rows to make a unit. The unit should be 8-1⁄2" square including seam allowances.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make four matching units total.
4. Join units in pairs. Join pairs to make a block. The block should be 16-1⁄2" square including seam allowances.
5. Referring to Diagram 3 and Diagram 4, repeat steps 1–4 to make two more blocks.