1. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each assorted turquoise-and-black print 1-1/4" square.
2. For one Sawtooth Star block, gather one 2" square and eight marked 1-1/4" squares from the same assorted turquoise-and-black print and four 1-1/4x2" rectangles and four 1-1/4" squares from the same black or turquoise polka dot.
3. Align a marked 1-1/4" square with one end of a black or turquoise polka dot 1-1/4x2" rectangle (Diagram 1; note direction of drawn line). Sew on drawn line; trim excess, leaving a 1/4" seam allowance. Press open attached triangle.
4. Align a second marked 1-1/4" square with opposite end of Step 3 polka dot rectangle (Diagram 1). Stitch, trim, and press as before to make a Flying Geese unit. The Flying Geese unit should be 2x1-1/4" including seam allowances.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make four matching Flying Geese units total.
6. Referring to Diagram 2, lay out black or turquoise polka dot 1-1/4" squares, Flying Geese units, and turquoise-and-black print 2" square in rows. Sew together pieces in each row. Press seams away from Flying Geese units.
7. Join rows to make a Sawtooth Star block. Press seams in one direction. The block should be 3-1/2" square including seam allowances.
8. Repeat steps 2–7 to make nine Sawtooth Star blocks total.