1. Referring to Diagram 10, lay out remaining six triangles (one from each dot and stripe).
2. Repeat Assemble Place Mat, steps 3 and 4, to make top row (Diagram 11). Repeat to make bottom row.
3. Sew together top and bottom rows to make coaster top (Diagram 12). Press seam open.
4. Referring to Assemble Place Mat, steps 9 and 10, layer coaster top, cream tone-on-tone 8" square, and batting 8" square; sew together, leaving a 2" opening for turning. Trim excess fabric and batting as done before.
5. Turn coaster right side out, press, and hand-stitch opening closed to complete coaster.
6. Quilt as desired. Julie stitched in the ditch between each triangle.