Assemble Quilt Top
1. Gather four matching light print triangles and a dark print 2" square.
2. Referring to Diagram 1, sew light print triangles to opposite edges of dark print square. Add light print triangles to remaining edges to make a Square-in-a-Square unit. Press all seams toward triangles. If necessary, center and trim unit to 2-5⁄8" square including seam allowances.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make 16 Square-in-a-Square units total.
4. Referring to Doll Quilt Assembly Diagram, sew together 12 Square-in-a-Square units, 17 red print 1-1⁄2×2-5⁄8" rectangles, and the light tan print 1-1⁄2" squares in five vertical rows. Press seams toward red print rectangles. Join rows to make quilt center. The quilt center should be 8-7⁄8×12" including seam allowances.
5. Referring to Doll Quilt Assembly Diagram, sew red print 1-1⁄2×12" strips to long edges of quilt center. Then add green-and-tan print 2-5⁄8×12" border strips to same edges. Press all seams away from quilt center.
6. Referring to top row in Doll Quilt Assembly Diagram, join two Square-in-a-Square units, two red print 1-1⁄2×2-5⁄8" rectangles, and one green-and-tan print 2-5⁄8×8-7⁄8" border strip. Press seams toward red print rectangles. Add a red print 1-1⁄2×15-1⁄8" strip to make to make top border unit. Repeat to make bottom border unit.
7. Add top and bottom border units to top and bottom edges of quilt center to complete quilt top. Press all seams away from quilt center.