Assemble Table Runner Center
1. Referring to Diagram 6, lay out three blocks and four cream tone-on-tone setting triangles in diagonal rows.
2. Sew together pieces in each row. Press seams toward setting triangles. Join rows to make table runner center; press seams in one direction.
1. Aligning midpoints, sew border strips to long edges of table runner center, beginning and ending seams 1⁄4" from corners (Diagram 7). In same manner, sew remaining border strips to remaining edges.
2. Referring to Diagram 8, miter corners to complete table runner top. Press all seams toward border.
Finish Table Runner
1. Layer table runner top, batting, and backing; baste.
2. Quilt as desired. Machine-quilter Debbie Tribble used metallic gold thread to stitch fan motifs in the setting triangles and medallions in the blocks. She used cream-color thread to outline-quilt around the inner edges of the poinsettia border.
3. Bind with red print binding strips.