1. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, lay out gold triangle units, purple triangle units, and orange triangle units in center of each set of four triangle-squares, ensuring kaleidoscopes form where block corners meet.
2. Pick up first triangle-square and triangle unit. Layer triangle unit on trimmed corner of triangle-square; use a pin to match triangle unit seam with marked center point on triangle-square (Diagram 4).
3. Place a pin at each end of seam; pin generously in between, picking up only a few threads at a time, until pieces fit together smoothly (Diagram 5). (For tips, see "Piecing Curves Perfectly," on page 8.) Sew, removing each pin just before needle reaches it; press seam toward triangle unit. Return triangle-square to design wall.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to add a triangle unit to each triangle-square.
5. Referring to Diagram 6, sew together four triangle-squares in pairs. Press seams in opposite directions. Join pairs to make a block. Press seam in one direction. The block should be 12-1/2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make three blocks total.