Appliqué Quilt Top
1. Referring to Appliqué Placement Diagram, arrange appliqués on quilt top; baste in place.
2. Using threads that match the appliqué pieces and a small slip stitch, hand-appliqué each piece in place, turning under 3⁄16" seam allowance with your needle as you sew.
1. Layer quilt top, batting, and backing; baste.
2. Quilt as desired. Designer Deanne Eisenman machine-quilted a floral motif in the center of each Churn Dash block and a wavy line in the sashing strips. The setting triangles showcase a loose stipple, and around each appliqué shape she quilted an outline to mimic the appliqué pieces.
3. Bind with brown print binding strips using the single-fold method (Do not fold binding strip in half lengthwise, but fold raw edge under 1⁄4" before hand-stitching binding in place.)