Designer: Darlene Zimmerman
• 1⁄2 yard solid white (blocks)
• 11—2-1⁄2x42" strips assorted prints in red, yellow, green, and blue (blocks)
• 4—2-1⁄2x42" strips green print (binding)
• 1-1⁄2 yards backing fabric
• 27×51" batting
• Easy Angle ruler (optional)
Finished quilt: 18-1⁄2×42-1⁄2"
Finished block: 6" square
Yardages and cutting instructions are based on 42" of usable fabric width.
Measurements include 1⁄4" seam allowances. Sew with right sides together unless otherwise stated.
Press seams in directions indicated by arrows in diagrams. If no direction is indicated, press seams toward darker fabric.
Cut pieces in the following order.
Designer Darlene Zimmerman did not use the first cutting options here so did not use the triangle-square assembly method outlined in Assemble Churn Dash Blocks, steps 1–3. Instead, she used the Easy Angle ruler from EZ Quilting (simplicity.com) to cut 44 triangles from the solid white and four triangles from each assorted print 2-1⁄2×42" strip (the second cutting options). She sewed each white triangle to a print triangle to make 44 triangle-squares, then returned to the assembly method with Assemble the Churn Dash Blocks, Step 4.
From solid white, cut:
• 88—2-1⁄2" squares or 44—2-1⁄2" squares and 44 triangles
From each assorted print strip, cut:
• 14—2-1⁄2" squares or 10—2-1⁄2" squares and 4 triangles