Assemble Quilt Center
1. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, lay out blocks in six horizontal rows, alternating colors and rotating blocks as shown.
2. Sew together blocks in rows. Press seams in one direction, alternating direction with each row. Join rows to make quilt center; press seams in one direction. The quilt center should be 15-1⁄2 ×18-1⁄2" including seam allowances.
Assemble and Add Border
1. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each assorted white or yellow print 2-1⁄8" square. (To prevent fabric from stretching as you draw lines, place 220-grit sandpaper under each square.)
2. Layer a marked white or yellow print square atop an assorted blue print 2-1⁄8" square. Sew together with two seams, stitching 1⁄4" on each side of drawn line (Diagram 4).
3. Cut apart on drawn line and press open to make two matching triangle-squares (Diagram 4). Each triangle-square should be 1-3⁄4" square including seam allowances.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 24 triangle-squares total (12 sets of two matching triangle-squares).
5. Sew together two triangle-squares to make a Flying Geese unit (Diagram 5). The unit should be 3×1-3⁄4" including seam allowances.
6. Repeat Step 5 to make 12 Flying Geese units total.
7. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, join six Flying Geese units to make top border strip. Press seams in one direction. The strip should be 1-3⁄4 ×15-1⁄2" including seam allowances. Repeat to make bottom border strip.
8. Sew top and bottom border strips to short edges of quilt center to complete quilt top. Press seams toward quilt center.
1. Layer quilt top, batting, and backing; baste. Quilt as desired.
2. Bind with binding strips.