1. To indicate the seam line on top arcs of A pieces, cut off seam allowance from top arc of Pattern A template, then use this to mark stitching line on half of the green print A pieces (Photo A).
2. Sew together a marked and an unmarked A piece around top arcs only, stitching on marked line. Trim seam allowances of arcs to 1/8" (Photo B).
3. Turn joined A pieces right side out to make a petal (Photo C). Press, then trim the back A piece 1/4" from bottom edge of arc (Photo D).
4. Repeat steps 1 through 3 to make 48 petals total.
5. Fold tip of each orange or red print B triangle 1/4" to wrong side (Photo E). Fold each triangle in half lengthwise with wrong side inside; finger-press (Photo F).