Assemble and Add Border
1. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each burgundy tone-on-tone 2-1/2" square.
2. Align a marked burgundy tone-on-tone square with one end of a gold floral 2-1/2x4-1/2" rectangle (Diagram 1; note direction of drawn line). Sew on marked line; trim seam allowance to 1/4". Press open attached triangle.
3. Align a marked burgundy tone-on-tone square with opposite end of Step 2 rectangle (Diagram 2; again note direction of marked line). Stitch, trim, and press as before to make a gold Flying Geese unit. The unit should be 2-1/2x4-1/2" including seam allowances.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make four gold Flying Geese units total.
5. Using dark gold print 2-1/2x4-1/2" rectangles instead of gold floral rectangles, repeat steps 2 and 3 to make four dark gold Flying Geese units total (Diagram 3).
6. Referring to Diagram 4, join a gold Flying Geese unit and a dark gold Flying Geese unit to make a border corner square. Press seam toward dark gold Flying Geese unit. The border corner square should be 4-1/2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make four border corner squares total.
7. Sew turquoise floral border strips to opposite edges of quilt center. Press seams toward border. Referring to photograph for placement, sew a border corner square to each end of remaining turquoise floral border strips. Press seams toward border strips. Join pieced border strips to remaining edges of quilt center to complete quilt top. Press seams toward border.