Assemble Quilt Center
1. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, lay out blocks in eight rows.
2. Sew together blocks in each row. Press seams in one direction, alternating direction with each row. Join rows to make quilt center. Press seams in one direction. The quilt center should be 9-1⁄2 ×12-1⁄2" including seam allowances.
1. Sew cream shirting 1-1⁄2 ×12-1⁄2" inner border strips to long edges of quilt center. Join cream shirting 1-1⁄2 ×11-1⁄2" inner border strips to remaining edges. Press all seams toward inner border.
2. Sew brown print 2-1⁄2 ×14-1⁄2" outer border strips to long edges of quilt center. Join brown print 2-1⁄2 ×15-1⁄2" outer border strips to remaining edges to complete quilt top. Press all seams toward outer border.
1. Layer quilt top, batting, and backing; baste.
2. Quilt as desired. Designer Susan Kirschenheiter machine-quilted a 1-1⁄2"-wide diagonal grid across the quilt top.
3. Bind with brown print binding strips.