Assemble Quilt Top
1. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, lay out blocks in three rows, alternating Cluster of Stars and star blocks.
2. Sew together blocks in each row. Press seams toward star blocks. Join rows to make quilt center. Press seams toward center row. The quilt center should be 36-1⁄2" square including seam allowances.
3. Sew short solid cream inner border strips to opposite edges of quilt center. Add long solid cream inner border strips to opposite edges. Press all seams toward inner border.
4. Fold each scallop print outer border strip in half widthwise where the two center scallops come together. Press lightly to mark the midpoint; unfold.
5. Aligning midpoints, sew scallop print outer border strips to opposite edges of quilt center, beginning and ending seams 1⁄4" from quilt top edges. Add remaining scallop print outer border strips, mitering corners, to complete quilt top.
1. Layer backing, batting, and quilt top; baste.
2. Quilt as desired. Designer Cyndi Walker machine-quilted the featured project with an allover stylized feather design (Quilting Diagram).
3. Bind with yellow gingham bias binding.