Assemble Star Blocks
1. Mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each assorted red print 3-1⁄2" square.
2. Gather two marked 3-1⁄2" squares from each red print, one cream large floral 6-1⁄2" square, four solid cream 3-1⁄2×6-1⁄2" rectangles, and four Four-Patch units.
3. Referring to Assemble Sawtooth Star Units, steps 3 and 4, use a solid cream 3-1⁄2×6-1⁄2" rectangle and marked squares from two different red prints to make a large Flying Geese unit (Diagram 7). The large Flying Geese unit should be 6-1⁄2×3-1⁄2" including seam allowances.
4. Referring to Diagram 8 for placement of red prints, repeat Step 3 to make four large Flying Geese units total.
5. Referring to Diagram 8, sew together the Four-Patch units, large Flying Geese units, and cream large floral 6-1⁄2" square in rows. Press seams toward Flying Geese units. Join rows to make a star block; press seams toward center row. The block should be 12-1⁄2" square including seam allowances.
6. Repeat steps 2–5 to make four star blocks total.