Assemble Sawtooth Star Units
1. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each assorted blue print 1-1⁄2" square.
2. Gather two marked 1-1⁄2" squares from each blue print, four solid cream 1-1⁄2×2-1⁄2" rectangles, four solid cream 1-1⁄2" squares, and one blue floral 2-1⁄2" square.
3. Align a marked blue print square with one end of a solid cream 1-1⁄2×2-1⁄2" rectangle (Diagram 1; note direction of drawn line). Sew on drawn line; trim excess, leaving a 1⁄4" seam allowance. Press open attached triangle.
4. Align a different marked blue print square with opposite end of Step 3 solid cream rectangle (Diagram 1). Stitch, trim, and press as before to make a small Flying Geese unit. The small Flying Geese unit should be 2-1⁄2×1-1⁄2" including seam allowances.
5. Referring to Diagram 2 for placement of blue prints, repeat steps 3 and 4 to make four small Flying Geese units total.
6. Referring to Diagram 2, sew together the four solid cream 1-1⁄2" squares, four Flying Geese units, and blue floral 2-1⁄2" square in rows. Press seams away from Flying Geese units. Join rows to make a Sawtooth Star unit; press seams away from center row. The unit should be 4-1⁄2" square including seam allowances.
7. Repeat steps 2–6 to make 25 identical Sawtooth Star units total.