Assemble And Appliqué Mitten Block
1. Referring to Diagram 1, center a white-and-silver metallic dot A snowflake atop mottled blue 7-1⁄2" square; fuse in place. Using a decorative stitch, machine-stitch around each snowflake. Trim appliquéd square to 6-1⁄2" square to complete a snowflake unit. Repeat to make 12 snowflake units total.
2. Referring to Diagram 2, arrange matching blue print B and B reversed mittens and two matching gray blue, baby blue, or light gray print C cuffs on mottled gray, silver, or periwinkle 9-1⁄2×12-1⁄2" rectangle. Fuse in place. Using machine-embroidery thread, machine-blanket-stitch around each piece to make a mitten unit. Repeat to make 12 mitten units total.
3. Referring to Diagram 3, join a large or small snowflake print 6-1⁄2×9-1⁄2" rectangle, snowflake unit, mitten unit, and blue snowflake stripe 3-1⁄2×9-1⁄2" rectangle in pairs. Press seams in one direction.
4. Join pairs to make mitten Block A (Diagram 3). Press seam in one direction. Mitten Block A should be 151⁄2" square including seam allowances.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 10 total of block A.
6. Repeat steps 3 and 4, joining same pieces in a different arrangement, to make a mitten Block B (Diagram 4). Repeat to make a second mitten Block B.