Inspired by All that Glitters from designer Wendy Sheppard of Ivory Spring
Quilt tester: Laura Boehnke
• 7⁄8 yard solid black (sashing, border 4)
• 7⁄8 yard total assorted African-theme prints (quilt center)
• 5⁄8 yard each of red batik, crazy-patch print, and multicolor circle print (borders 1, 3, and 5)
• 3-1⁄2 yards total assorted batiks in green, red, blue, yellow, orange, and brown (blocks)
• 1⁄2 yard binding print
• 3-3⁄4 yards backing fabric
• 67" square batting
Finished quilt: 58-1⁄2" square
Finished block: 9" square
Yardages and cutting instructions are based on 42" of usable fabric width.
Measurements include 1⁄4" seam allowances. Sew with right sides together unless otherwise stated.
Press seams in directions indicated by arrows on diagrams. If no direction is specified, press seam toward darker fabric.