Assemble and Add Border
1. Cut and piece black print 2-1/2x42" strips to make:
2 -- 2-1/2x69-1/2" inner border strips
2 -- 2-1/2x49-1/2" inner border strips
2. Cut and piece purple print 1-1/2x42" strips to make:
2 -- 1-1/2x69-1/2" middle border strips
2 -- 1-1/2x49-1/2" middle border strips
3. Cut and piece black print 3-1/2x42" strips to make:
2 -- 3-1/2x69-1/2" outer border strips
2 -- 3-1/2x49-1/2" outer border strips
4. Aligning long edges, sew together a long inner border strip, long middle border strip, and long outer border strip to make a long border unit. Press seams toward black print strips. Repeat to make a second long border unit.
5. Using short border strips, repeat Step 4 to make two short border units.
6. Referring to Assemble Square-in-a-Square blocks, Step 1, use purple print triangles and remaining black floral 4-1/2" squares to make four border Square-in-a-Square units. Sew a border Square-in-a-Square unit to ends of each short border unit; press seams toward border units.
7. Sew long border units to sides of quilt center. Add pieced short border units to remaining edges to complete quilt top. Press all seams toward border units.