1. Set aside four assorted cream print 2-1/2" squares. Use a pencil to draw a diagonal line on wrong side of each remaining assorted cream print 2-1/2" square and on each assorted peach, green, coral, and brown print 2-1/2" square. (To prevent fabric from stretching as you draw the lines, place 220-grit sandpaper under each square.)
2. Align a marked cream print 2-1/2" square with one corner of a coral print 8-1/2" square (Diagram 1; note direction of marked line). Sew on drawn line; trim excess fabric, leaving 1/4" seam allowance. Press open attached triangle.
3. Referring to Diagram 2 for the direction of the drawn lines, repeat Step 2 to add assorted cream print 2-1/2" squares to remaining corners of coral 8-1/2" square to make a dark block. The 2-1/2" squares need not match, but they should contrast in value with larger square. The dark block should be 8-1/2" square including seam allowances.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 with remaining assorted coral and brown print 8-1/2" squares and assorted cream, peach, and green print 2-1/2" squares to make 11 dark blocks total.
5. Using assorted cream, peach, and green 8-1/2" squares and assorted coral and brown print 2-1/2" squares, repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 19 light blocks (Diagram 3).