Appliqué and Add Middle Border
1. Cut and piece turquoise tone-on-tone 7-1⁄2 ×42" strips to make:
• 11—7-1⁄2 ×63-3⁄4" middle border strip
2. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, position assorted print, gold print, and rust floral appliqués (five A leaves, three B acorns, and three C acorn tops) on turquoise tone-on-tone 7-1⁄2 ×63- 3⁄4" middle border strip. Fuse in place following manufacturer’s instructions to make long middle border strip. If desired, stitch around edges of each appliqué with matching or contrasting thread. (Designer Roseann Meehan Kermes waited to stitch around the appliqués until quilting.)
3. On turquoise tone-on-tone 8-3⁄4 ×39-1⁄2" strip, position all remaining appliqués. Fuse in place and appliqué as in Step 2 to make short middle border strip.
4. Sew short middle border strip to bottom edge of quilt center. Add long middle border strip to left-hand edge. Press all seams toward middle border. The quilt center now should be 46-1⁄2 ×63-3⁄4" including seam allowances.