Cut and Assemble Broken Dishes Blocks
From assorted print scraps, cut:
1. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong sides of 24 assorted print 2-5/8" squares.
2. Layer a marked square atop another assorted print 2-5/8" square (Diagram 3). Sew together with two seams, stitching 1/4" on each side of drawn line.
3. Cut pair apart on drawn line to make two triangle units (Diagram 3). Open triangle units and press seams toward darker print to make two triangle-squares. Each triangle-square should be 2-1/4" square including seam allowances.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 48 triangle-squares total.
5. Referring to Diagram 4 for direction of seams, sew together four triangle-squares in pairs. Press seams in opposite directions. Join pairs to make a Broken Dishes block. Press seam to one side. The block should be 4" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make 12 identical Broken Dishes blocks total.