1. Aligning long edges, lay out 12 assorted red-and-white print, white tone-on-tone, and red tone-on-tone 2-1⁄2×20" strips (Diagram 1).
2. Sew together strips to make strip set A. Press seams in one direction. Cut strip set A into three 6-1⁄2"-wide A units.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make 12 A units total.
4. Referring to Diagram 2, repeat Step 1 with assorted red-and-white print, white tone-on-tone, and red tone-on-tone 2-1⁄2×22" strips; work from bottom to top and offset each strip by 2" to the right to make strip set B. Cut strip set B into two 6-1⁄2"-wide B units. Repeat to make six B units total.
5. Referring to Diagram 3, repeat Step 4, offsetting each strip by 2" to the left, to make strip set C. Cut strip set C into two 6-1⁄2"-wide C units.