Assemble Quilt Top
Before stitching triangles together, arrange them on a design wall or the floor to make sure you like the layout.
1. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, page 4, lay out triangles in eight horizontal rows.
2. Referring to Diagram 1, sew together an A triangle and a B triangle, matching dots and being careful not to stretch edges. Press open attached triangle, pressing seam toward A triangle (Diagram 2).
3. Join a B triangle to Step 2 unit, matching dots (Diagram 3). Open triangle and press in same direction as before. Note: Seams will overlap and point of center triangle will be 1⁄4" below edge (Diagram 4).
4. Continue in same manner, joining 11 B triangles total to the A triangle. Press after each one as before.
5. Referring to Diagram 5, add an A reversed triangle to make row 1. Press as before. Row 1 should be 54-1⁄2×9-1⁄2" including seam allowances.
6. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, repeat steps 2–5 to make eight rows total. Press seams in one direction, alternating direction with each row.
7. Join rows to complete quilt top. Press seams in one direction.