Prepare Large Pieces
1. Referring to Diagram 1, trim right-hand edge of a novelty print No. 1—6-1/2x42" strip at a 60˚ angle. To do this, align 60˚ line of an acrylic ruler (red line on diagram) with top edge of strip; cut along right-hand edge of ruler.
2. Rotate strip 180˚. Measure 6-1/2" from trimmed (left-hand) edge and, cutting parallel to trimmed edge, cut to make a large diamond (Diagram 2). Repeat to cut four large diamonds total.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 with remaining novelty print No. 1—6-1/2x42" strips to make 12 large diamonds total. Repeat with novelty print No. 2—6-1/2x42" strips, cutting two large diamonds from each of three strips, for six large diamonds total.
4. Select a novelty print No. 2 partial strip. The left-hand edge already should be cut at a 60º angle. (If it’s not, repeat Step 1 to trim.) Referring to Diagram 3, measure 1/2" from corner along bottom edge of strip and make a mark. Align ruler with mark and cut at a 30º angle to make a large half diamond. Repeat to make four large half diamonds total.
5. Select a novelty print No. 2 partial or whole strip. Repeat Step 1, if necessary, to cut the left-hand edge at a 60º angle. Referring to Diagram 4, measure 1/4" from corner along top edge of strip and make a mark. Align ruler with mark and cut at a 60º angle to make a large triangle. Repeat to make 10 large triangles total.
6. On a large triangle, measure 1/4" from top right-hand corner of "flattened" tip and make a mark (Diagram 5). Holding ruler vertically, align its edge with mark; trim along ruler edge to make a corner triangle A. Repeat with a second triangle to make a second corner triangle A.
7. Measuring from top left-hand corners of two large triangles’ flattened tips, repeat Step 8 to make two corner B triangles total (Diagram 6).