Assemble Quilt Center
1. Referring to photo, lay out assorted trapezoid pieces in 24 rows. When desired, match fabrics in neighboring rows to make hexagons.
2. To join a horizontal row of trapezoids, start at one end. Referring to Diagram 1, layer two trapezoids with short edges aligned and ends offset by 1⁄4". Sew together pieces; press seam in one direction.
3. Add next trapezoid in row to pieced pair of trapezoids in the same manner (Diagram 2). Continue adding trapezoids until all pieces in row are sewn together.
4. In the same manner, join pieces in remaining rows, pressing seams in one direction and alternating direction with each row.
5. Join rows to make quilt center. Press seams in one direction. Trim quilt center to 48-1⁄2×63-1⁄2" including seam allowances (Diagram 3).