Assemble D, E, and F Units
1. Mark an X on the wrong side of two blue print 11-1⁄2" squares and each yellow print 11-1⁄2" square as before.
2. Layer a marked yellow print square atop a black print 11-1⁄2" square. Referring to Assemble A, B, and C Units, steps 2 and 3, sew together on each side of drawn lines and cut into eight triangles. Press each triangle open, pressing toward yellow print, to make eight yellow-and-black triangle-squares.
3. Repeat Step 2 to make an additional eight yellow-and-black triangle-squares for 16 total (you will use 10). Do not trim.
4. Using marked blue print squares and red print 11-1⁄2" squares, repeat Step 2 to make 16 blue-and-red triangle-squares (you will use 10). Using remaining marked yellow print squares and remaining blue print 11-1⁄2" squares, repeat Step 2 to make 16 yellow-and-blue triangle-squares (you will use 10).
5. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on all red print, blue print, and yellow print 5-3⁄8" squares.
6. Layer a marked yellow print 5-3⁄8" square atop a yellow-and-black triangle-square with marked line perpendicular to seam line of triangle-square (Diagram 6). Sew together 1⁄4" from each side of drawn line. Cut apart on drawn line to make two triangles. Press open triangles to make two D units (Diagram 7). The long diagonal seams will run in opposite directions. Aligning the 2-1⁄4" marks on an acrylic ruler in center of unit, trim each unit to 4-1⁄2" square including seam allowances (Trimming Diagram). Repeat to make 20 D units total.
7. Using marked red print 5-3⁄8" squares and blue-and-red triangle-squares, repeat Step 6 to make 20 E units (Diagram 8).
8. Using marked blue print 5-3⁄8" squares and yellow-and-blue triangle-squares, repeat Step 6 to make 20 F units (Diagram 8).