Assemble the Quilt Top, Part 2
4. Place a block corner on the block center with right sides together. Place a straight pin at the intersection of the seams (see Diagram 4).
5. Place a pin at each end of the sewing line. Continue pinning the fabric between the pins, picking up only a few threads at a time and easing the fabric, until the pieces fit together smoothly (see Diagram 5). Sew together, removing each pin just before your needle comes to it, and press the seam allowance toward the block corner.
6. Repeat Step 3 with the second block corner to make a pieced block (see Diagram 6). Press the seam allowance toward the block corner. The pieced block should measure 6-1/2" square, including the seam allowances.
7. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make a total of 121 pieced blocks. As each block is completed, return it to the design wall, noting the direction of the block's center seam.
8. Sew together the blocks in each row. Press the seam allowances in one direction, alternating the direction with each row. Then join the rows to complete the quilt top. Press the seam allowances in one direction.