Assemble Quilt Top
1. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram and Diagram 1, pick up first two pieces in Row 1. Layer pieces with right sides together, match straight edges, and align marked center dots; pin.
2. Referring to Diagram 2, match dots at each end; pin. Smooth top piece along curve until edges are aligned. Pin between ends and center approximately every 1", picking up only a few threads at a time.
3. Sew together pieces, removing each pin just before the needle reaches it. Press seam toward concave edge. Return joined pair to design wall.
4. Repeat steps 1–3 with remaining pairs of pieces in Row 1 (last curve piece will not be part of a pair).
5. Join pairs and last curve piece to make a concave row (outer curve at the top). Press seams as before. The row should be 8×88-1⁄2" including seam allowances.
6. Repeat steps 1–5 to join pieces in rows 3, 5, and 7 to make four concave rows total.
7. Referring to Diagrams 3 and 4, repeat steps 1–5 using pieces in rows 2, 4, 6, and 8 to make four convex rows (inner curve at the top) total.
8. Sew together rows in numerical order to complete quilt top. Press seams open.