Assemble Quilt Center
1. Cut and piece brown tone-on-tone 1-3⁄4 ×42" strips to make:
• 2—1-3⁄4 ×69" sashing strips
• 2—1-3⁄4 ×62" sashing strips
• 2—1-3⁄4 ×41-1⁄2" sashing strips
• 2—1-3⁄4 ×28-1⁄2" sashing strips
• 2—1-3⁄4 ×8-1⁄2" sashing strips
2. Referring to Quilt Center Assembly Diagram, lay out appliquéd blocks; A, B, and C blocks; pieced setting triangles; green check setting triangles; and brown tone-on-tone sashing strips in 19 diagonal rows.
3. Sew together pieces in each row. Press seams toward brown rectangles.
4. Join rows; press seams toward sashing strips. Add green check corner triangles to make quilt center. Press seams toward corner triangles.
5. Referring to Diagram 13, trim pieced setting triangles and brown tone-on-tone sashing strips even with drawn lines on pieced setting triangles. The quilt center should now be 47-1⁄2 ×71" including seam allowances.
1. Cut and piece remaining brown tone-on-tone 1-3⁄4 ×42" strips to make:
• 2—1-3⁄4 ×71" inner border strips
• 2—1-3⁄4 ×50" inner border strips
2. Sew long inner border strips to long edges of quilt center. Add short inner border strips to remaining edges. Press all seams toward inner border.
3. Cut and piece blue geometric print 7×42" strips to make:
• 2—7×73-1⁄2" outer border strips
• 2—7×63" outer border strips
4. Sew long outer border strips to long edges of quilt center. Add short outer border strips to remaining edges to complete quilt top. Press all seams toward outer border.
1. Layer quilt top, batting, and backing; baste.
2. Quilt as desired. Heather Mulder Peterson machine-quilted an allover swirling design across the quilt center. The outer border is quilted with a floral motif that mimics the appliquéd blocks.
3. Bind with multicolor stripe bias binding strips.