Assemble Quilt Center
1. Referring to left-hand row in Quilt Assembly Diagram, lay out six assorted blocks, 10 tan print setting triangles, and four tan print corner triangles in diagonal rows. Sew together pieces in each diagonal row. Press seams toward setting and corner triangles. Join rows to make a vertical block row. Press seams in one direction. Repeat to make three vertical block rows total.
2. Sew together orange-and-black stripe 3-1⁄2×51-3⁄8" sashing strips and vertical block rows. Press seams toward sashing strips.
3. Add orange-and-black stripe 3×37-7⁄8" sashing strips to top and bottom edges of Step 2 unit to make quilt center. Press seams toward sashing strips. The quilt center should be 37-7⁄8×56-3⁄8" including seam allowances.
1. Cut and piece black flower print 5-1⁄2×42" strips to make:
• 2—5-1⁄2×56-3⁄8" border strips
• 2—5-1⁄2×47-7⁄8" border strips
2. Sew long border strips to long edges of quilt center. Add short border strips to remaining edges to complete quilt top. Press all seams toward border.
1. Layer quilt top, batting, and backing; baste.
2. Quilt as desired. Sheri Mecom machine-quilted the featured quilt with an allover vine-and leaf motif (Quilting Diagram).
3. Bind with black stripe binding strips.