Add Border and Complete Quilt
Add the Border
1. Sew two cream floral 7x36" border strips to opposite edges of the pieced quilt center. Press the seam allowances toward the border strips.
2. Sew a light green print 7" square to each end of the remaining cream floral 7x36" border strips. Press the seam allowances toward the light green print squares. Then join the pieced border strips to the remaining edges of the pieced quilt center to complete the quilt top. Press the seam allowances toward the border.
Complete the Quilt
1. Layer the quilt top, batting, and backing.
2. Quilt as desired. Machine-quilter Lorre Fleming outline-quilted around the appliques, stipple-quilted in the block backgrounds, and stitched loops in the sashing strips and a large floral design in the border.
3. Use the red print 2-1/2x42" strips to bind the quilt.