Assemble Quilt Top, Part 2
5. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, sew together six purple-wing blocks to make an outer border unit. Press seams in one direction. Repeat to make four outer border units total.
6. Sew outer border units to top and bottom edges of quilt center; press seams toward inner border.
7. Sew blue leaf print 2x57-1/2" inner border strips to side edges of quilt center. Press seams toward inner border.
8. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, join two corner blocks, two blue leaf print 2x8-1/2" rectangles, and an outer border unit to make a long outer border strip. Press seams in one direction. Repeat to make a second long outer border strip.
9. Add long outer border strips to remaining edges of quilt center to complete quilt top. Press all seams toward inner border.
1. Layer quilt top, batting, and backing. Quilt as desired.
2. Bind with blue leaf print binding strips.