Assemble Quilt Top and Finish Quilt
Assemble Quilt Top
1. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, lay out blocks in five rows. (The bodies of the dragonflies should all be parallel, but every other one faces the opposite direction.)
2. Sew together blocks in each row. Press seams in one direction, alternating direction with each row.
3. Join rows to make quilt center. Press seams in one direction. The quilt center should be 501/2" square including seam allowances.
4. Cut and piece the violet blue print 3-3/4x42" strips to make:
2--3-3/4x57" border strips
2--3-3/4x50-1/2" border strips
5. Sew short border strips to opposite edges of quilt center. Add long border strips to remaining edges to complete quilt top. Press all seams toward border.
1. Layer quilt top, batting, and backing. Quilt as desired.
2. Join periwinkle print and lavender print 2-1/2x21" strips into one long binding strip. Bind with pieced binding strip.