Referring to Diagram 1, sew together four assorted dark red, brown, tan, and light print 2-1⁄2 ×42" strips to make a strip set. Press seams in one direction. Repeat to make eight strip sets total. Cut strip sets into thirty 8-1⁄2"-wide Rail Fence blocks total.
Assemble Quilt Center
1. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, lay out Rail Fence blocks, 42 assorted dark red, brown, and tan print setting squares, and 22 assorted light print setting triangles in diagonal rows. In each diagonal row, match up one straight edge of setting triangle with one edge of setting square (Diagram 2). A corner of each setting triangle will extend past an edge of the setting square.
2. Sew together pieces in each row. Press seams in one direction, alternating direction with each row.
3. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, trim points of setting triangles even with each row’s long edges. Join rows; press seams in one direction.
4. At upper left-hand corner and lower right-hand corner of joined rows, trim setting triangles even with edge of setting square (Diagram 3).
5. Add light print corner triangles to make quilt center. Press seams toward corner triangles. Trim quilt center to 71-3⁄4 ×80-1⁄8" including seam allowances.