Applique Border and Complete Quilt
1. Prepare the star, sunflower, heart, flower, vine, and leaf pieces for applique by finger-pressing under any 3/16" seam allowances that will be exposed; you do not need to turn under edges that will be overlapped by other pieces.
2. Referring to the photograph, lay out the applique pieces on the solid black outer border; baste in place, starting with the pieces on the bottom and working up.
3. Using threads that match the fabrics, machine-blanket-stitch the applique pieces in place.
Complete the Quilt
1. Layer the appliqued quilt top, batting, and backing. Quilt as desired.
2. Use the red print 2-1/2x42" strips to bind the quilt. Referring to the photograph, hand-sew the buttons onto the appliqued border.