Assemble Quilt Center
Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, lay out blocks in seven rows, rotating blocks as shown. Join blocks in each row. Press seams in one direction, alternating direction with each row. Join rows to make quilt center. Press seams in one direction. The quilt center should be 54-1⁄2 ×63-1⁄2" including seam allowances.
1. Cut and piece mauve floral 2×42" strips to make:
• 2—2×63-1⁄2" inner border strips
• 2—2×57-1⁄2" inner border strips
2. Sew long inner border strips to long edges of quilt center. Join short inner border strips to remaining edges. Press all seams toward inner border.
3. Cut and piece assorted medium and dark print 5"-wide strips to make:
• 4—5×66-1⁄2" outer border strips
4. Sew two outer border strips to long edges of quilt center. Join remaining outer border strips to remaining edges to complete quilt top. Press all seams toward outer border.
1. Layer quilt top, batting, and backing; baste.
2. Quilt as desired. Becky Goldsmith machine-quilted a diagonal floral motif across the quilt top.
3. Bind with brown-and-tan stripe bias binding strips.