Assemble Quilt Center
1. Referring to the Quilt Assembly Diagram for placement, lay out the 30 Log Cabin blocks in six horizontal rows.
2. Sew together the blocks in each row. Press the seam allowances in one direction, alternating the direction with each row.
3. Join the rows to complete the quilt center. Press the seam allowances in one direction. The pieced quilt center should measure 50-1⁄2 ×72-1⁄2", including the seam allowances.
1. Cut and piece the pale yellow print 2-1⁄2 ×42" strips to make the following:
• 2—2-1⁄2 ×72-1⁄2" border strips
• 2—2-1⁄2 ×54-1⁄2" border strips
2. Sew the long pale yellow print border strips to the long edges of the quilt center. Press the seam allowances toward the border.
3. Sew the short pale yellow print border strips to the short edges of the quilt center to complete the quilt top. Press the seam allowances toward the border.
1. Layer the quilt top, batting, and backing.
2. Quilt as desired. The quilt shown was hand-quilted with black, taupe, and gold perle cotton. A large star was quilted in each block. Decorative cross-stitches were stitched along two outside corners and across the quilt top wherever extra quilting was needed.
3. Use the remaining pale yellow print 2-1⁄2 ×42" strips to bind the quilt.