Finish the Quilt
1. Layer quilt top, batting, and backing; baste.
2. Quilt as desired. Leah hand-quilted wavy lines across the quilt top using a running stitch and a backstitch with three colors and two weights of yarn for variety and texture.
3. To make a running stitch, pull needle up at A (see diagram) and insert it back into fabric at B, about 3/4" from A. Continue in same manner, leaving about a stitch width between each stitch.
4. To backstitch, pull needle up at A (see diagram). Insert it back into fabric at B (about 3/4 inch from A), and bring it up at C. Push needle down again at D, and bring it up at E. Continue in same manner.
5. Bind with hot pink batik binding strips.