Assemble Block D
1. Join black scribble print 2x16-1⁄2" strip to left-hand edge of T-shirt 12-1⁄2x16-1⁄2" rectangle (Diagram 5). Press seams toward black print strip.
2. Sew a black circle print 2-1⁄2x16-1⁄2" strip to right-hand edge of T-shirt rectangle. Press seam toward black print strip.
3. Add black circle print 2-1⁄2x16" strips to top and bottom edges of T-shirt rectangle. Press seams toward black print strips.
4. Sew a black dot 2x20-1⁄2" strip to left-hand edge of T-shirt rectangle. Press seam toward black print strip.
5. Sew together a black dotted line print 1-1⁄2x42" strip and a white polka dot 2x42" strip to make a strip set. Press seam toward black strip. Cut strip set into two 20-1⁄2"-wide segments.
6. Sew a 20-1⁄2"-wide segment to right-hand edge of T-shirt rectangle to make Block D (Diagram 5). Press seam toward segment. Block D should be 20x20-1⁄2" including seam allowances
7. Assembling in mirror-image fashion and using a remaining 20-1⁄2"-wide segment, repeat steps 1–4, then 6 to make a mirror-image Block D.
8. Using the following pieces and referring to Diagram 6, repeat steps 1–7 to make a second Block D and a second mirror-image Block D: two T-shirt 12-1⁄2x16-1⁄2" rectangles, two black scribble print 2x16-1⁄2" strips, two black dot 2-1⁄2x16-1⁄2" strips, four black dot 2-1⁄2x16" strips, two black circle print 2x20-1⁄2" strips, one black dotted line print 2x42" strip, and one white polka dot 1-1⁄2x42" strip.