Appliqué Foundation Strips
The quilt center is made up of six solid white 9×41" strips. Refer to rows 1–6 on Bee Appliqué Placement Diagram to appliqué each strip.
1. Referring to Bee Appliqué Placement Diagram, Row 1, arrange an assorted print A wings, B body, and C belly atop a solid white 9×41" foundation strip, about 7-1⁄2" from right-hand edge; fuse in place following manufacturer’s instructions. Set up your machine with a blind hemstitch, monofilament thread or matching cotton thread in the needle, and cotton thread in the bobbin. Using a stabilizer under foundation strip, and working from bottom layer to top, machine-appliqué around edge of each shape.
2. Referring to Bee Appliqué Placement Diagram, rows 2–6, repeat step 1 to make six appliquéd foundation strips total.
3. Using water-soluble marking pen, transfer antennae stitching lines onto appliquéd foundation strips.
4. Set up your machine with a featherstitch, turquoise cotton thread in the needle, and cotton thread in the bobbin. Machine-zigzag-stitch antennae following marked lines.
5. Trim each appliquéd foundation strip to 8-1⁄2×40-1⁄2".